Transcribed birth records are obtained and processed at the Massachusetts State Registry of Vital Statistics' collection of statewide birth records in Boston.
Each original birth certificate is carefully and meticulously hand transcribed for accuracy and detail by one of our genealogists.
The staff at Massachusetts Document Retrieval
, with over 30 years of genealogical research experience, painstakingly hand records all pertinent genealogical information for you as if it was our ancestor.
The fee for finding, transcribing, and sending Massachusetts birth records to your email as a PDF is $20. Turnaround time is 10 - 14 business days. Unfortunately, there is no option to expedite transcriptions.
Though valuable for their information, these genealogical transcriptions are NOT valid for obtaining passports, processing "REAL ID" applications, renewing driver's licenses, getting United States citizenship and social security benefits, or for ANY other legal purpose.
Suppose you need a certified state copy of a birth certificate and not a transcription for genealogy as described above. You can order a certified copy
on our Massachusetts Birth Certificate
The fee for obtaining and mailing a Massachusetts-certified birth record by first-class mail is $45. Turnaround time usually is 10 - 14 business days, but expediting a certified copy is possible.
BIRTH SUBJECT'S NAME
Birth records for persons born to unwed parents are restricted and not available through this application.
Non-marital birth records are limited by State Regulations, Chapter 46, to either the subject, parents named on the form, or legal guardian or representative of the child.
Proceeding with this application to obtain a non-marital birth record may hinder your ability to receive a refund.
SUBJECT'S DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH
I Understand Transcribed Records are for Genealogy Purposes Only and are NOT Official Records.
If the month is unknown, select Not Known.
If the day is unknown, select Not Known.
- If the specific year is unknown, enter the year you feel is most accurate.
- In the "Notes Section" further down on this form, enter up to five years, i.e., 1961 - 1965, to have searched.
- Records before 1931 are not available through this application. For that period, see Massachusetts Vital Records 1841 - 1930.
Select Transcribed for Genealogy by Clicking on the Drop Down Arrow Below and then select "1 Transcribed Birth Record".
- A transcribed record is not an official or legal document. The intended use is for genealogical research studies, background investigations, medical studies or general information.
- All transcribed records are sent only as PDF email attachments.
- Here is an example of a PDF Massachusetts Transcribed Birth Record.
- Also, to ensure email delivery of transcribed records, allow your email software to receive mail from the domain "mass-doc.com"
YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION