We search for probated wills and or estate administrations.
We do NOT search for wills filed for "safe-keeping."
We make photocopies of wills, estate administrations, and other probate-related papers at the Probate and Family Courts of Bristol, Middlesex, Norfolk, and Suffolk counties. Certified copies are also available for an additional charge.
State law mandates that probate court files are public records available for review, copying, and or for purchasing certified copies.
The usual processing time for on-site probate files is 10 - 14 business days. Therefore, expedited service is not available.
Our service is NOT available for Barnstable, Berkshire, Dukes, Essex, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Nantucket, Plymouth, or Worcester Counties.
All original probate records for Middlesex County before 1990 and those for Bristol County before 1984 are in an off-site storage facility. Processing time can take at least 14 - 21 business days and, in some cases, as long as 30 business days from the date ordered.
- We charge a minimum search fee of $45. This fee includes a search of the court index and up to ten pages of photocopies sent by first-class mail.
- We need your prior approval for any excessive additional copies. We will charge you $1 per page before copying if you need extra copies. You must make the payment before we can mail them to you.
- Alternatively, we can send scanned digital images to your email. There is no additional charge for this service. Simply include instructions in the orders "note section" to deliver the copies electronically.
- If you require certified copies, additional fees apply. These average $25 per record but can be higher if you use the documents outside the country and need apostilles. Again, indicate your need for certified copies in the orders "notes section." We will email you the additional fee, and you can pay via a secure link.
- If we cannot find a record, a minimum search fee of $20 will apply, and we will refund the remaining $25 to you.
SUBJECT OF PROBATE SEARCH
LAST TOWN OR CITY OF OFFICIAL RESIDENCE
A probate search is only available if your town or city is listed.
ESTATE ADMINISTRATION OR PROBATED WILL: $45.00
- Again, we only search for estates previously probated. We do not search for wills filed for "safe-keeping!"
DATE OF PROBATE FILE
- Is the file earlier than the year 1926? If so, select "Unknown" and explain specifics in the notes section below. Sometimes, it is not possible to photocopy papers in pre-1926 probate records. If that is the case with your order, we will email you about possible alternatives.
- Condition and accessibility vary by county. Unless on microfilm or the probate papers have been digitally scanned, we do not usually photocopy pre-19th century documents.
- It is sometimes necessary to reproduce these older probate records using "record books" instead of the original file.
- Many of the counties older, historic probate papers have been digitized and are available for free at American Ancestors and Family Search. For more information, watch this YouTube video on Massachusetts Probate Records.
YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION